What is CLASS?
"I was very happy with this program..the ladies are really great with the kids." - Carrie Carson
- CLASS is a licensed program that provides homework time, games, sports, fun, crafts, gym time, toys, new friendships, lots of outside fun and fresh air at O'Connell Park and out at 'The Tree' all in a positive environment.
- First CLASS also has two makerspaces. One for 2-3 and one for 4-5. These spaces are set up to challenge children to be creative, explore, invent in a hands-on learning environment that builds critical thinking, self-confidence and team cooperation.
- CLASS programs are the only ones in the Sussex area that provide licensed child care solely for school aged children.
Who goes to CLASS?
- CLASS is for children from ages 5-12 (kindergarten-grade 6). We also have a free 'volunteer' program for our experienced CLASS kids who are in middle school. The Leader in Training program (LIT) allows grade 6, 7 & 8 students who have attended since kindergartento still come to CLASS but act in a volunteer role. Leaders meet with each LIT to determine days to attend, commitment to the program and what expectations are on both sides. This program has proven to be a win-win for everyone! The bus from the middle school is #807.*LIT participation is dependent upon availability required to maintain ratio.
Why choose CLASS?
- CLASS is a government licensed program with a team of qualified Early Childhood Educators and teachers. It’s safe, it’s fun, it’s an excellent program and allows parents to know their children are well cared for, getting lots of exercise, learning new things, trying new activities, making friends, acquiring new skills, and being part of a team. We always have a staff member on site and all Leaders have First Aid/CPR, criminal record check, prior contact check, confidentiality and more.
- A licensed program ensures child/leader ratios are correct at all times and that a minimum percentage of staff are qualified to work with children. We are limited to 15 school aged children per leader and this low ratio helps to ensure your child is well supervised and able to participate in a variety of individual, small and large group activities.
- Licensing provides you with a guarantee that the facility and program have been inspected and approved by the following agencies:
-Public Health Department
-New Brunswick Department of Education and Early Childhood Education
-Inspector: Patti Kelley 658-6391 firstname.lastname@example.org
-Regional Child Care Coordinator: Jodi Hennessy 643-7779 email@example.com
Where and When is CLASS?
- Kids from Sussex Corner Elementary are met by CLASS leaders as they leave with their teachers each day and we use our car seat equipped van to shuttle the children the short 3 minute drive to 853 Main Street, Sussex.
- CLASS is open every school day from dismissal until 7pm.
For those who are all inclusive, our full days operate from 7:45-5:45 and you will have the opportunity to sign up for individual days during the school year. These include PD days, storm days, March and Christmas break. If you wish your child to attend you MUST sign them up because enrollment is limited. Once you sign up, payment is due regardless of attendance. **We are not open on statutory holidays, Thanksgiving or Victoria Day.
Have any more questions?
Call us at 506-512-3210 to book an appointment or a tour.
Or drop in any time after 3:30.